1. Aetna drops noncoverage policy for cardiac PET/CT scans at behest of medical groups Full story
2. Former VA cardio chief gets 8 months for sex abuse against physician Full story
3. Pennsylvania cardio practice opens ASC thanks to eased restrictions Full story
4. The high cost of undertreating cardiac device infection.
5. Cardiology has 3rd highest incentive bonuses, per Medscape Full story
6. Wellstar Douglas Hospital certified to offer next-generation cardiac care Full story
7. Curious about AI's place in cardiology? Demystify AI and learn how to make it part of your digital strategy.
8. AHA adds sleep to 'Life's Essential 8' for heart health Full story
9. Optum's exec shakeup: 6 leaders leave in 1 month Full story
10. 70 patients die from apixaban or rivaroxaban-related bleeding every day in the U.S. See how Cone Health is working to lower this number here
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Only 48% of recently surveyed healthcare leaders think the industry has progressed in care payment and funding. Learn how C-suite innovators are creating a sustainable system to benefit everyone in Optum's new report.
2. A lot has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic, but what about in the pharmacy kit and tray management space? A Becker's Hospital Review survey of pharmacy experts found these five key takeaways.
3. Patient care is personalized; why aren't spine fusion devices? Research reveals 3 benefits for personalized interbody devices.