1. 10 hospitals closing departments or ending services Full story
2. IU Health posts $715M loss in 2022 Full story
3. The right way to rightsize exec teams Full story
4. Faced with staffing shortages, wage inflation, and shrinking margins, health system leaders are struggling to support their RCM teams. Get expert advice on how to tackle these complex challenges and start elevating your team today. Read the ebook.
5. Judge dismisses Dr. Akram Boutros' challenge to firing from MetroHealth Full story
6. Care technician burned by travel nurse settles for $5.7M Full story
7. As cancer care costs soar, some leaders are taking early detection a step further. See the simple test used to screen for multiple cancers — and the patient response.
8. Norovirus spurs rise in ED visits Full story
9. Why a Medicaid error in Tennessee could get you on a 'most wanted' list Full story
10. Precise size of US labor shortage in question Full story
11. Leaders from Cigna, UnitedHealth, Kaiser, BCBS + more tackle 2023's most pressing issues at Becker’s exclusive Payer Issues Roundtable. Join them April 3-4. Register now.
12. Bust junk healthcare plans, lawmakers urge Biden Full story
13. 60% of Americans uncomfortable with AI in medical care Full story
14. Hospital workers secure raises: Where, how much and when Full story
15. US drugmaker closes shop: 'Now we wait for worsened shortages' Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Every effort to reduce clinician burden matters. See the next task hospitals are looking to make easier here.
2. Making sense of clinical data can be like drinking from a fire hose. Overcome these 6 obstacles to eliminate confusion and paint a more accurate picture of patients' health.
3. The % of hospitals outsourcing help to process complex claims has doubled, and for good reason: more money (faster) + fewer headaches. Will you follow suit? Learn how this complex claim resolution program can put you ahead.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn