For-Profit Hospital Stock Report: Week of Jan. 7-11, 2013
In the first full trading week of 2013, most for-profit hospital operators continued to post gains in share prices. Franklin, Tenn.-based Community Health Systems, in particular, continued to trade as one of the hottest stocks.
Naples, Fla.-based Health Management Associates was down almost 3.5 percent last week, as it prepares to release lower-than-expected financials for fiscal year 2012.
Here are the five-day stock prices and percentage changes for the week of Jan. 7 through Jan. 11, 2013.
• Community Health Systems (Franklin, Tenn.): $33.85 per share (up 4.9 percent)
• Health Management Associates (Naples, Fla.): $9.12 per share (down 3.49 percent)
• Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, Tenn.): $33.20 per share (up 3.94 percent)
• LifePoint Hospitals (Brentwood, Tenn.): $40.80 per share (up 1.04 percent)
• Tenet Healthcare (Dallas): $34.30 per share (up 0.56 percent)
• Universal Health Services (King of Prussia, Pa.): $50.91 per share (up 1.82 percent)
• Vanguard Health Systems (Nashville, Tenn.): $12.27 per share (down 1.37 percent)
More Articles on For-Profit Hospitals:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.