Survey: Distracted Leadership Main Roadblock to Improved Patient Experience
Over 1,000 hospital and health system leaders and clinical staff members from 672 organizations in all 50 states were surveyed between February 8 and March 6.
The top five roadblocks to patient experience were identified as:
1. Leadership pulled in too many directions
2. Other organizational priorities reduce emphasis on patient experience
3. General cultural resistance to doing things differently
4. Lack of support from physicians
5. Lack of sufficient budget or other necessary resources.
More Articles on Patient Experience:Survey: Patient Satisfaction May Depend on Bedside Manner More Than Medical Skill
Survey: Positive Billing Experiences Lead to Positive Opinion of Quality of Care
4 Creative Ways to Improve Patient Experience From University of Utah Health Care
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.