39 hospitals named Pioneers in Quality by Joint Commission
The Joint Commission has labeled 39 hospitals as Pioneers in Quality, recognizing their efforts to collect information on patient care quality through EHRs and report that data to the Joint Commission and CMS.
Hospitals had to meet the criteria of one of three categories of participation to be named a Pioneer in Quality. Those categories and the hospitals included in them are listed below.
Hospitals in this category had to present at a Pioneers in Quality webinar or participate in the development of the Joint Commission's electronic clinical quality measures this year.
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center (Washington, D.C.)
- SSM Good Samaritan Regional Health Center (Mt. Vernon, Ill.)
- The Nebraska Methodist Hospital (Omaha)*
- Orange Regional Medical Center (Middletown, N.Y.)
- Atrium Medical Center (Middletown, Ohio)
- Harborview Medical Center (Seattle)
Hospitals had to submit an electronic clinical quality measures solution or implementation story to the Joint Commission's Core Measure Solution Exchange, a quality improvement tool promoting the sharing of performance measurement success.
- The Harrison Memorial Hospital (Cynthiana, Ky.)*
- Wooster (Ohio) Community Hospital
These hospitals voluntarily transmitted 2015 electronic clinical quality measures data this year.
- Not-for-Profit Hospital Corp. (Washington, D.C.)
- Nanticoke Memorial Hospital (Seaford, Del.)
- Jennie Edmundson Memorial Hospital (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
- John H. Stroger, Jr., Hospital of Cook County (Chicago)
- The Harrison Memorial Hospital (Cynthiana, Ky.)
- Methodist Healthcare-Olive Branch (Miss.) Hospital
- Blue Ridge HealthCare Hospitals (Morganton, N.C.)
- Carolinas HealthCare System Anson (Wadesboro, N.C.)
- Carolinas HealthCare System Cleveland (Shelby, N.C.)
- Carolinas HealthCare System Kings Mountain (N.C.)
- Carolinas HealthCare System Lincoln (Lincolnton, N.C.)
- Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast (Concord, N.C.)
- Carolinas HealthCare System Union (Monroe, N.C.)
- Carolinas HealthCare System University (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Carolinas Medical Center (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Mercy Hospital (Charlotte, N.C.)
- The Nebraska Methodist Hospital (Omaha)
- Cortland (N.Y.) Regional Medical Center
- Salem (Ore.) Hospital
- Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC (Pittsburgh)
- UPMC Altoona (Pa.)
- UPMC Bedford Memorial (Everett, Pa.)
- UPMC East (Monroeville, Pa.)
- UPMC Hamot (Erie, Pa.)
- UPMC McKeesport (Pa.)
- UPMC Mercy (Pittsburgh)
- UPMC Northwest (Seneca, Pa.)
- UPMC Passavant (Pittsburgh)
- UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside (Pittsburgh)
- UPMC St. Margaret (Pittsburgh)
- Medical University of South Carolina Medical Center (Charleston)
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis (Tenn.) Hospitals
- EvergreenHealth (Kirkland, Wash.)
*These hospitals also qualified in the Data Contributor category.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.