SSM Health Care Seeks Regional CFO for St. Mary's Health Center and Mid-Missouri Region
St. Mary's, a 167-bed acute care hospital, offers a full range of healthcare services including cardiovascular, emergency, orthopedic, cancer, women's health, and outpatient surgical services. Of note is that St. Mary's is currently in the process of building a new state-of-the-art replacement hospital scheduled to open in Jan. 2015. Also making up the Mid-Missouri Region is the recently acquired Audrain Medical Center, an 88-bed regional acute-care hospital located on a 13-acre campus in Mexico, Mo. Providing a variety of specialty services, Audrain also has a strong primary care presence with nine rural health clinics.
SSM Health Care, a $3.3 billion health care system sponsored by the Franciscan Sisters of Mary, includes more than 20 hospitals in four states and is currently evolving itself from a hospital system into an integrated delivery system with investment in facilities and services across the care continuum in each of its major markets. In 2002, SSM Health Care became the first health care system in the nation to win the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
The regional CFO and VP of finance will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing all financial activities and coordinating integration activities for the finance functions for the Mid-Missouri Region as it continues to evolve. The new CFO will be an engaged and strategic leader who will chart an in-depth and aggressive approach to finance to support attainment of the region's contemplated fiscal and growth objectives while maintaining the mission and core values of SSM.
SSM seeks a strategic finance leader with the following qualifications:
• A minimum of 10 years of senior level progressive experience in financial operations in an acute care facility.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration and a master's degree is required. CPA desired.
• Proven core financial management skills and competencies including revenue cycle, cash and receivables management, budgeting, advanced analytical capabilities, and cost control skills.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge/understanding of acute care, ambulatory care, and managed care, including knowledge of managed care contracting.
• Experience in market growth as well as with contemporary physician alignment strategies and models.
• An engaged and dynamic financial leader who possesses strong relational and team development skills.
• Comfortable working within the context of a matrixed/shared services environment and within the context of a health care system.
All inquiries, nominations, and applications are confidential and should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.