7 Recent Hospital Mergers and Acquisitions
1. Highmark's Affiliations With West Penn, Jefferson Regional Receive County Approval
Pittsburgh-based health insurer Highmark got one step closer to creating its regional health system, as the Orphan's Court of Allegheny County approved Highmark's affiliations with West Penn Allegheny Health System in Pittsburgh and Jefferson Regional Medical Center in Jefferson Hills, Pa.
2. Details Emerge on Asante Health, Ashland Hospital Merger in Oregon
A decision is expected Tuesday from the Ashland (Ore.) City Council on whether to approve a letter of intent to merge Ashland Community Hospital with Medford, Ore.-based Asante Health System.
3. Bankrupt Bamberg County Hospital in SC Prepares for Proposed HCA Buyout
Bamberg County officials in South Carolina are helping to appraise the assets of the shuttered and bankrupt Bamberg County Hospital in preparation for a proposed buyout by Nashville, Tenn.-based Hospital Corporation of America.
4. Mercy, Valley View Regional Hospital in Oklahoma to Pursue Merger
The board of directors at Valley View Regional Hospital in Ada, Okla., agreed to seek a partnership with Chesterfield, Mo.-based Mercy.
5. Vote on HMA-Bayfront Joint Venture in Florida Approaches
A proposed joint venture between non-profit Bayfront Health System in St. Petersburg, Fla., and for-profit hospital chain Health Management Associates, based in Naples, Fla., could go to a vote by the city council this week.
6. Prime Healthcare Signs Agreement to Purchase Saint Michael's in NJ
Ontario, Calif.-based Prime Healthcare Services and Saint Michael's Medical Center in Newark, N.J., signed a binding asset purchase agreement.
7. Iowa Health System Adds Story County Medical Center Under Umbrella
Story County Medical Center in Nevada, Iowa, officially affiliated with Iowa Health – Des Moines, a senior affiliate of Iowa Health System, effective Feb. 1.
More Articles on Hospital Transactions:Nason Hospital CEO: Despite Fiscal Health, Staying Independent "Not an Option"
3 Tips for Hospital Affiliations
Fitch: U.S. Hospital Consolidation Activity Highest in Decade, Spurred By Healthcare Reform
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
100 Great Hospitals in America 2015