10 Things to Know About St. Mary's Hospital
St. Mary's Hospital in Madison, Wis., is part of St. Louis-based SSM Health Care, sponsored by the Franciscan Sisters of Mary.
Here are 10 things to know about St. Mary's Hospital.
1. Frank Byrne serves as CEO.
2. Charles Johnson serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 440 licensed beds.
4. St. Mary's has 2,784 employees, 690 physicians and 689 volunteers.
5. In 2012, the hospital had 24,316 inpatient discharges, 78,461 outpatient visits, 3,296 births and 50,076 emergency room visits.
6. St. Mary's Hospital began serving south central Wisconsin in 1912.
7. In 2012, the hospital received a Patient Safety Excellence Award and an Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
8. In 2011, the hospital recorded $811.7 million in gross charges and a net income of $67.7 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
9. St. Mary's and its affiliated physician group, Dean Clinic in Madison, together own and manage more than 20 primary care clinics, which include approximately 100 physicians. They also jointly own and operate the Surgery and Care Center in Madison, Riverview Surgery Center in Janesville, Wis., and Davis Duehr Surgery Center in Madison.
10. Since 1972 St. Mary's has also been affiliated with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine's three-year family practice residency program.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Fremont Area Medical Center
10 Things to Know About St. Patrick Hospital and Health Sciences Center
10 Things to Know About Enloe Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.