10 Things to Know About Owensboro Medical Health System in Kentucky
Owensboro (Ky.) Medical Health System is an acute-care hospital that serves the medical needs of nine counties in western Kentucky and two counties in southern Indiana.
Here are 10 things to know about Owensboro Medical Health System:
1. Jeff Barber is the president and CEO of Owensboro Medical Health System.
2. John Hackbarth, Jr., is the CFO of Owensboro Medical Health System.
3. Owensboro Medical Health System has 477 beds.
4. There are about 3,685 employees and 217 medical staff members working at the hospital.
5. In 2011, Owensboro Medical Health System recorded $735 million in gross charges and a net income of $44 million, according to American Hospital Directory.
6. From June 2011 to May 2012, the hospital performed 16,788 total surgical procedures, 1,863 births and 538,380 total outpatient visits.
7. Owensboro Medical Health System was named one of the Top 100 Hospitals for 2012 byThomson Reuters.
8. Owensboro Medical Health System has its origins in the Owensboro City Hospital constructed in 1898. After several expansions over the years and a merger with Mercy Hospital in 1995, the facility took on the name Owensboro Medical Health System in 2003.
9. For four years in a row, Owensboro Medical Health System has been ranked in the top five percent for clinical excellence by HealthGrades.
10. Owensboro Medical Health System was named one of the 2012 100 Great Community Hospitals by Becker’s Hospital Review.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Virginia Mason Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Wesley Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Yale-New Haven Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.