10 Things to Know About Lakeland Regional Medical Center
Lakeland (Fla.) Regional Medical Center is a non-profit healthcare facility and part of Lakeland Regional Health Systems.
Here are 10 things to know about Lakeland Regional Medical Center.
1. Elaine Thompson serves as the CEO. She joined the medical center in September 2010.
2. Evan Jones serves as senior vice president and CFO. He joined Lakeland Regional in September 2011 after the previous CFO retired.
3. The hospital has 851 staffed beds.
4. Lakeland Regional has 3,690 employees.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 10,500 inpatient surgeries,21,400 outpatient surgeries, 2,900 births and 39,283 discharges.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded more than $2.2 billion in gross charges and net income of more than $27 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. The hospital received a Women's Health Excellence Award from HealthGrades in 2012.
8. The hospital has been serving the Lakeland community for more than 80 years.
9. Lakeland Regional could join University of South Florida Health, which was announced Sept. 20.
10. In July, the Lakeland Regional Family Health Center opened. The center serves as a low-cost, high-quality option for primary care services for those without regular access to a primary care physicians.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Gulf Breeze Hospital
10 Things to Know About Seattle Children's Hospital
10 Things to Know About Abbott Northwestern Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.