10 Things to Know about Howard County General Hospital
Howard County General Hospital in Columbia, Md., is a member of Baltimore-based Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Here are 10 things to know about Howard County General Hospital.
1. Vic Broccolino serves as president and CEO of Howard County General.
2. Jim Young serves as senior vice president and CFO.
3. The hospital has 249 beds.
4. Howard County General Hospital has more than 1,800 full- and part-time employees. The professional staff is comprised of nearly 9,000 physicians and allied health professionals.
5. Last year, Howard County General Hospital had more than 19,000 admissions; performed over 13,500 surgical procedures; delivered over 3,200 babies; and treated more than 76,000 patients in the emergency department.
6. The hospital has been serving its community for nearly 40 years.
7. Howard County General Hospital has been awarded the American Heart Association's Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Award for its high standards surrounding stroke care. The Award recognizes HCGH's success in using the Get With The Guidelines quality improvement program to improve care for stroke patients.
8. In 2011, the hospital recorded $247.9 million in gross charges and a net loss of $4.2 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
9. Howard County General Hospital was on Becker's Hospital Review's list of 100 Great Community Hospitals in 2012.
10. In 1998, the hospital entered into a strategic partnership with Johns Hopkins Medicine.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Concord Hospital
10 Things to Know About South Hampton Community Hospital
10 Things to Know About Huntington Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.