10 Things to Know About Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (Fla.) is a HCA West Florida hospital.
Here are 10 things to know about Doctors Hospital of Sarasota.
1. The CEO of Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is Robert Meade.
2. Charles Schwaner serves as the hospital's CFO.
3. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota has 155 beds.
4. The hospital has more than 360 physicians and 680 nurses, healthcare professionals and support staff.
5. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota recorded $539.4 million in gross revenue and a net income of $10.9 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota discharged a total of 7,153 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 2,900 inpatient and 2,000 outpatient surgeries last year. Additionally, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota had 17,100 outpatient visits last year.
7. Thomson Reuters named Doctors Hospital of Sarasota as one of its Everest Hospitals in 2012, meaning the hospital achieved the highest current performance and the fastest long-term improvement over five years.
8. The hospital was founded in 1967.
9. The hospital is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida.
10. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota began offering Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in 2011, which allows heart attack patients needing a stent to receive it at the hospital immediately.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Dupont Hospital
10 Things to Know About El Camino Hospital
10 Things to Know About Nemours Children's Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.