10 Things to Know About Children's Hospital Los Angeles
Children's Hospital Los Angeles is the largest pediatric hospital in southern California.
Here are 10 things to know about Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
1. Richard D. Cordova, FACHE, serves as CEO of the hospital.
2. The CFO is Diemlan "Lannie" Tonnu, MBA, CPA.
3. Children's Hospital Los Angeles has 286 beds.
4. The hospital has more than 4,200 employees and 588 medical staff members.
5. Children's Hospital Los Angeles recorded $1.1 billion in gross revenue and a net income loss of $7.6 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. The hospital discharged a total of 3,211 patients in 2011. Children's Hospital Los Angeles performed 2,000 inpatient and 5,500 outpatient surgeries last year. Additionally, the hospital had 154,500 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. Children's Hospital Los Angeles has made U.S. News & World Report's National Honor Roll list every year since 2009.
8. The hospital was formally incorporated as the Childrens Hospital Society of Los Angeles on April 4, 1901.In its first financial year through March 30, 1902, the hospital admitted 14 patients.
9. Children's Hospital Los Angeles received Magnet recognition in 2008 for excellence in nursing.
10. Children's Hospital Los Angeles is affiliated with the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
10 Things to Know About Seattle Children's Hospital
10 Things to Know About Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.