10 Things to Know About Aultman Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Aultman Hospital.
1. Edward Roth III serves as president and CEO of Aultman Hospital.
2. Mark Wright is the CFO of Aultman Hospital.
3. With 808 licensed beds, Aultman Hospital is one of the largest hospitals in the Canton area.
4. Aultman Hospital employs more than 5,000 people, and the hospital has more than 650 active physicians across more than 40 medical specialties, 95 percent of whom are board-certified.
5. Aultman Hospital recorded more than $793.1 million in total revenue last year, according to the American Hospital Directory. The hospital's profit margin was relatively flat, recording roughly $87,000 in net income.
6. In 2011, Aultman Hospital recorded more than 22,000 inpatient discharges, more than 21,000 surgeries and roughly 149,000 emergency room/intensive care visits. Aultman physicians delivered more than 2,400 babies.
7. Aultman Hospital is considered to be one of the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals and top 100 overall hospitals in the country, according to Thomson Reuters' 2011 rankings.
8. Aultman Hospital opened in January 1892 after Elizabeth Harter, daughter of banker Cornelius Aultman, and her stepmother deeded 4.5 acres of land to the Aultman Hospital Association.
9. Aultman Hospital is heavily invested in its nursing population. It has held Magnet recognition since 2006, and the Aultman College of Nursing and Health Sciences has educated new healthcare professionals for more than 100 years.
10. The hospital's health plan, AultCare, was founded in 1985 and is the largest hospital/physician-based PPO in northeastern Ohio, serving more than 530,000 people.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.