10 Things to Know About Arkansas Children's Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Arkansas Children's Hospital.
1. Jonathan Bates, MD, is president and CEO of the hospital.
2. Gena Wingfield serves as CFO.
3. The hospital spans 29 city blocks and houses 370 beds.
4. The hospital has a staff of approximately 500 physicians, 80 residents in pediatrics and pediatric specialties and more than 4,400 employees.
5. In 2011, the hospital recorded $784.3 million in gross charges and a net income of $10.2 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, the hospital had 3,100 inpatient surgeries; 5,100 outpatient surgeries; 0 births; 153,400 outpatient visits; and 9,236 discharges, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. The hospital was founded in 1912.
8. Arkansas Children's Hospital is one of the 25 largest children's hospitals in the U.S. [insert link]
9. Arkansas Children's Hospital is in the midst of a five-year, 258,000-square-foot construction project that will add a south wing with 54 inpatient beds and space for a new emergency department, neonatal intensive care unit, cardiovascular intensive care unit and hematology/oncology clinic to the hospital.
10. The hospital celebrated its 100th birthday March 5 of this year.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego
10 Things to Know About Bayfront Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.