10 Things to Know About The Nebraska Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about The Nebraska Medical Center.
1. The CEO of The Nebraska Medical Center is Glenn Fosdick.
2. Bill Dinsmoor serves as the medical center's CFO.
3. The hospital has 627 licensed beds.
4. The Nebraska Medical Center has more than 4,900 employees and 1,000 physicians. The hospital also trains more than 350 medical and surgical residents annually.
5. The hospital recorded $1.9 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $58.3 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. The Nebraska Medical Center discharged a total of 25,477 patients in 2011. The hospital's physicians performed 8,500 inpatient and 12,800 outpatient surgeries as well as 2,000 births last year. Additionally, the hospital had 154,900 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. In 2012, the hospital was named as one of the top 25 hospitals for gastroenterology in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
8. The Nebraska Medical Center was formed in 1997 from the merger of University Hospital, Bishop Clarkson Memorial Hospital and their ambulatory care facilities.
9. In 2010, the hospital's diabetes program was the first in Nebraska to earn The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval.
10. The hospital is designated as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Community Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast
10 Things to Know About Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.