10 Things to Know About Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles is the primary teaching hospital for the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and is part of UCLA Health System.
Here are 10 things to know about Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.
1. David T. Feinberg, MD, is president of UCLA Health System and CEO of the UCLA Hospital System. He oversees Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center (pictured right).
2. Paul Staton serves as the CFO of UCLA Health System and oversees finances at the hospital as well.
3. The hospital has 520 private patient rooms.
4. The hospital employs 1,500 full-time physicians and more than 2,500 support staff.
5. Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center recorded $3.3 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $1.8 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. The hospital discharged a total of 22,573 patients in 2011. Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center performed 11,300 inpatient and 37,300 outpatient surgeries as well as 2,200 births last year. Additionally, the hospital had 368,500 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center was number five on U.S. News & World Report's 2012 hospital honor roll.
8. Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center was founded in 1955 as the primary teaching hospital for the UCLA School of Medicine.
9. The hospital was one of the first total replacement hospitals built to meet California's latest seismic safety standards. It was rebuilt to withstand earthquakes greater than 8.0 on the Richter magnitude scale.
10. Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center was named one of America's 100 best hospitals in 2012 by Becker's Hospital Review.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
CEO Roundtable + CFO/CIO Roundtable: FEATURING Toby M. Cosgrove and John D. Doyle