10 Things to Know about Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
1. The CEO is Thomas Priselac.
2. Edward Prunchunas serves as CFO.
3. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has 958 beds consists of 14 separate buildings.
4. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center employs about 10,000 people. There are more than 2,000 physicians at the hospital.
5. The hospital recorded $8.2 billion in gross charges and a net income of $133.8 million last year, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Cedars-Sinai performed 22,700 inpatient surgeries and 22,100 outpatient surgeries in 2011. There were 7,100 births at the hospital and 235,800 outpatient visits. The emergency room treated 73,500 people last year.
7. U.S. News & World Report named Cedars-Sinai one of America's best hospitals for 2012-2013.
8. Cedars-Sinai was first established as Kaspare Cohn Hospital in 1902 on the east side of Los Angeles.
9. For more than 20 years, Los Angeles area residents have named Cedars-Sinai as the "Most Preferred Hospital for All Health Needs" in National Research Corporation's annual Healthcare Market Guide survey.
10. Cedars-Sinai ranks among the top 10 non-university hospitals nationwide in National Institutes of Health funding, according to the hospital's website.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Barnes-Jewish Hospital
10 Things to Know About Keck Hospital of USC
10 Things to Know About North Shore University Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.