17 Hospital and Health System Executive Moves
1. Marita Hattem was named interim president and COO of Aspirus Wausau (Wis.) Hospital.
2. Magruder Hospital in Port Clinton, Ohio, named Todd Almendinger, MBA, current vice president of finance and CFO of the hospital, as its president and CEO.
3. John Brennan, MD, CEO of Newark (N.J.) Beth Israel Medical Center, decided he will not leave his position to become CEO of Cleveland-based MetroHealth System.
4. Chicago-based Presence Health CFO John Orsini resigned and is expected to join Winfield, Ill.-based Cadence Health.
5. James Terwilliger was named president of Indianapolis-based Indiana University Health Methodist and University hospitals.
6. Boston Children's Hospital named Sandra Fenwick as president and CEO.
7. Joseph Morrissey, president of Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton (Mass.) announced he will step down, effective Dec. 31.
8. St. Peter's Hospital in Helena, Mont., named Nate Olson, CPA, MBA, president and CEO, effective Feb. 1, 2013.
9. MacNeal Hospital in Berwyn, Ill., named J. Scott Steiner, FACHE, MBA, as CEO.
10. KentuckyOne Health in Louisville named Melvin Alexander, CPA, MBA, as CFO, effective Dec. 4.
11. Mark Korth was named president of San Francisco-based Dignity Health's North State service area.
12. Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines, Iowa, is looking for a new CEO after Dave Vellinga announced he will focus on other duties.
13. Piedmont Newnan (Ga.) Hospital named John Miles, MBA, as its CFO.
14. Mark Wiener, president and CEO of Community Mercy Health Partners in Springfield, Ohio, resigned, effective Dec. 31.
15. Deborah McGrew was named COO of the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, which is a component of the Austin-based University of Texas System with four schools, research facilities and a network of hospitals and clinics.
16. Wayne Meriwether was named CEO of Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center in Leitchfield, Ky.
17. Bruce Crowther, president and CEO of Northwest Community Healthcare in Arlington Heights, Ill., announced he plans to retire at the end of 2013.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.