9 Statistics on Vendor, Provider, Insurer ICD-10 Readiness
The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange has sent HHS the results of its latest survey on ICD-10 readiness among healthcare stakeholders.
The most recent survey results are based on responses gathered in October from 196 providers, 59 vendors and 98 health plans.
Key takeaways include:
- Just 25 percent of vendors reported having completed product development for ICD-10 compatibility. However, the number of vendors who reported being halfway or less than halfway done was about 20 percent, down from about 50 percent in the February 2013 survey.
- About three-fifths of vendors are currently beta-testing their products or plan to do so before the end of 2013.
- About three-fifths of health plans have completed their impact assessment, and one-fifth reported their assessment is almost complete. In February, one-half of health plans had completed their assessment.
- About two-thirds of health plans have started or expect to start internal testing by the year's end, down from the 75 percent that reported expecting to do so in February.
- One-third of health plans have already begun or expect to begin external testing by the end of 2013, down from one-half in the February 2013 survey. About 60 percent expect to begin in the first half of 2014.
- Half of provider respondents indicate they have now completed their impact assessment, up from one-sixth in the February 2013 survey.
- Although the number of providers that responded ‘unknown’ to when they would complete their impact assessment, business changes and begin external testing is down significantly from the February 2013 survey, responses indicate the majority will not complete these steps until 2014.
- Ten percent of providers expect to begin external testing in 2013, and 50 percent expect to begin in the first half of 2014.
- Most health plans expect to test with a sample of providers while about 20 percent indicated they will test with a majority of providers. The majority of providers indicate they plan to test with a sample of health plans or only with clearinghouses, but almost 25 percent plan to test with the majority of their payers.
More Articles on ICD-10:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.