Primaria Health adds to primary care network, launches ACO
Primaria Health, a primary care management joint venture between Indianapolis-based Community Health Network and Chicago-based VillageMD, has added to its network of primary care physicians.
Here are five things to know.
1. Primara's network now includes more than 375 primary care providers, according to a news release.
2. With the network expansion, Primaria said it is now the largest network of primary care physicians in central Indiana.
3. In addition to the network expansion, Primaria has also formed a Medicare ACO, the release states.
4. Providers within Primaria's ACO can take part in value-based reimbursement contracts for Medicare as well as to commercial populations, including Medicare Advantage contracts with Anthem BCBS, the company said.
5. "Primaria's rapid growth is demonstrated by the desire of primary care physicians to adopt an enhanced delivery model that offers high-quality, coordinated care and personalized services that extend beyond the exam room — which ultimately improves care delivery, the patient experience, and the total cost of care," Doug Stratton, CEO of Primaria, said in the release. "We are excited to continue partnering with forward-thinking physicians and help contribute to the health and well-being of communities across central Indiana."
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.