CMS Names Which 9 Pioneer ACOs Will Exit Program
CMS has released the names of the nine Pioneer accountable care organizations that are leaving the program, according to a Kaiser Health News report.
The following Pioneer ACOs, listed in alphabetical order, are leaving the program:
• Healthcare Partners California ACO (Torrance, Calif.)
• Healthcare Partners Nevada ACO (Las Vegas)
• JSA Care Partners (St. Petersburg, Fla.)
• Physician Health Partners (Denver)
• Plus (North Texas Specialty Physicians and Texas Health Resources)
• Presbyterian Healthcare Services (Albuquerque, N.M.)
• Prime Care Medical Network (Ontario, Calif.)
• Seton Health Alliance (Austin, Texas)
• University of Michigan (Ann Arbor)
Seven of the above Pioneer ACOs plan to move to the Medicare Shared Savings Program, while two are leaving the program entirely. Presbyterian Healthcare Services identified itself as one of the ACOs leaving the program all together, according to KHN. CMS did not release the other organization leaving the program for good.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review