1. Mark Cuban in talks with hospitals to solve drug shortages Full story
2. Florida hospital CEO shot by husband in murder-suicide, police say Full story
3. AAP recommends antibiotic alternatives during amoxicillin shortage Full story
4. 61% of systems plan to expand telehealth — see how and in what areas here.
5. Measles is 'imminent' global threat, CDC and WHO say Full story
6. FDA probes severe hypocalcemia risk with Amgen's osteoporosis drug Full story
7. Biosimilar competition is driving down drug costs. Healthcare leaders can sustain the momentum with key takeaways from this discussion.
8. Antiviral, antibiotic shortages complicate already difficult virus season Full story
9. Dr. Mark Lemmon named pharmacology chair at Yale School of Medicine Full story
10. Second study participant dies during Eisai's Alzheimer's drug trial Full story
11. Healthcare supply chains face enormous pressures. Learn innovative strategies you can use right now to improve resiliency and mitigate risks.
12. Teva, Allergan settle opioid cases for $6.6B Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Why aren't patients adopting scheduling and communication tools? Learn how to ensure your patient engagement investments aren't going to waste here.
2. OR block scheduling is inefficient and outdated. See how systems like Novant and Dignity are boosting case volume and optimizing OR usage with a new data-driven approach.
3. Stop wasting nurse's time with ineffective fall prevention technology. Reduce false fall alarms by 95% using this tool.