1. Insys files for bankruptcy days after opioid settlement
2. Average pharmacist salary by state in 2019 Full story
3. Walgreens cuts health insurance subsidies for retired employees Full story
4. Reduce costs while improving care. It’s possible. With the continued shift toward value-based care, health system executives are looking for ways to curb spending while improving care and creating greater patient access. Premier's pharmacy solutions can help. Get the guide.
5. Thrilled to welcome 225+ great health IT and revenue cycle leader speakers from hospitals and health systems at Becker's 5th Annual Heath IT + Revenue Cycle. Join 5,000 attendees at our largest event ever - register here. For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, e-mail Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Physician viewpoint: Hospitals exploit the goodwill of physicians, nurses Full story
7. Transform the ED with three innovative solutions that improve quality and expand capacity without increasing costs. Get the white paper.
8. Ohio pharmacy accused of wrongly firing whistle-blower Full story
9. Other states may follow Colorado, capping insulin costs at $100 per month Full story
10. Tennessee hospital blames billing system switch for financial troubles Full story
11. A community hospital increased its urgent case volume from 0.8 to 1.83/day and lowered length of stay by deploying this specific staffing model.
12. A treatment for hospital-acquired pneumonia, a new migraine injection & 2 more FDA approvals Full story