1. FDA authorizes new COVID-19 drug Full story
2. Cuban's pharmacy picks up J&J brand-name drugs Full story
3. Lawmakers take aim at PBMs, 'spread pricing' Full story
4. Are your claims actually getting paid? This is how one critical access hospital is working to stop denials and reduce time spent on fixing rejected claims.
5. Virginia Mason lays off over 300 administrative staff Full story
6. California pharmacist gets 15 years in prison for $11M Tricare scheme Full story
7. UC San Diego said 'enough' to high rates of patient no-shows — see how their clinic + 500 others are halving no-shows and growing volume, despite staff shortages.
8. 3 health systems among Fortune's 100 'Best Companies to Work For' Full story
9. Some SARS-CoV-2 variants are resistant to Paxlovid's main ingredient: Study Full story
10. Prominent Illinois hospital pharmacist dies at 85 Full story
11. You lose $10k per bed/year when patients aren't discharged on time. UCHealth + 100 hospitals are streamlining patient flow — with this single 'source of truth.' Learn more.
12. 5 most trustworthy hospitals and health systems: Newsweek Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunity - Access in One Click
1. More than 62% of women skipped or delayed preventive care in the last few months, and healthcare marketers have a role to play in getting them the care they need. Learn what's keeping women out of the doctor's office and 4 ways to better serve them here.