1. Fox Chase names 1st deputy director Full story
2. IU Health joins National Comprehensive Cancer Network Full story
3. Miami cancer center unveils Engineering Cancer Cures program: 3 notes Full story
4. Stop keeping nurses past their shifts. See how OSHU achieved a 31% decrease in running past scheduled closures here.
5. The 'so what wave': Why the US is so blasé about BA.2 Full story
6. Yale: Black patients more likely to experience substandard gastrointestinal surgery Full story
7. How can hospitals cut into surgical backlogs amid staff and bed shortages? Baptist Health may have found the answer. Click here to learn more.
8. Biden's plan for long COVID-19: 4 notes Full story
9. Discovery may lead to blood test for early lung cancer detection Full story Full story
10. 2 leaders laid off from Mississippi hospital Full story
11. Don't rely on old data to streamline patient flow. Join the discussion on sustainable analytics to predict discharges + remove admissions bottlenecks.
12. Hospitals are bolstering wages. Is it sustainable? Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Patients demand a frictionless, user-friendly payment experience. See how Cancer Treatment Centers of America is delivering it here.
2. You're probably under-utilizing your EHR. Click here to learn how to unlock the data needed to improve billing, reduce denials and build satisfaction.
3. South Shore Hospital's ED reduced readmissions by enhancing its EHR and using complexity scores. Click here to learn their strategy.