1. Optum breaks into lab benefit management: 4 things to know Full story
2. Kentucky physician admits lab test fraud in $3M false claims case Full story
3. Hospitals have spent more than $3B getting PPE during the pandemic — make sure your team is following the right protocols.
4. $1M grant to grow lab workforce at University of South Florida program Full story
5. Monkeypox testing: CDC recruits Quest, Labcorp, Mayo Clinic and 2 others Full story
6. Global hepatitis outbreak grows to 920 cases Full story
7. Contrast dye won't be healthcare's last severe shortage. See how industry leaders are working to mitigate future shortages and strengthen the domestic healthcare supply chain here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Physicians spend 2 hours with the EHR for every 1 hour of patient care. Give them the chance to spend more time bedside. Here's how.
2. Every year, hospitals lose up to 7% of their equipment. Get expert advice on keeping track of your most valuable assets.
3. Telehealth shouldn't require piecemeal technology to work. 35 clinics in Missouri simplified virtual care for patients and staff. Here's how.