1. When layoffs arrive 'quickly and less thoughtfully' Full story
2. UW Health not required to recognize union, board rules Full story
3. 15 cities where Gen Z hires are flocking Full story
4. Nursing turnover is costing your organization millions of dollars. A local per diem pool can reduce burnout and turnover. Join the live webinar here.
5. Fired CEO sues MetroHealth over alleged open meetings law violations Full story
6. Oregon nurses urge district attorney to investigate Providence for alleged wage theft Full story
7. The 'great remote work mismatch' Full story
8. California offers $1.3B in healthcare worker retention bonuses Full story
9. 1 in 5 healthcare workers quit during the pandemic; the industry can't afford to lose more. Learn how addressing whole-person health can help retain employees.
10. CMS reminds hospitals of obligation to protect patients, staff from workplace violence Full story
11. When it comes to bad behavior, workplace incentives can be both 'cure' and 'poison' Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Compensation alone can't solve hospital workforce shortages — leaders need new ideas. Find inspiration in these 10 articles about coping with talent shortages.
2. Clinician burnout remains high. Learn how video and communications technologies can reduce burnout and improve employee satisfaction.
3. 28% of decision makers aren't familiar with health plan wrap networks. Get your HR department up to speed on this critical network here.