1. CommonSpirit hospital employees cite payroll irregularities after ransomware attack Full story
2. 'You are seen, heard, admired': hospital execs say thank you to staff Full story
3. 6 hospitals, health systems raising workers' pay Full story
4. Many health systems spend half their operating budget on labor costs, yet a quarter still face critical staff shortages. Clearly, it's time to reinvent workforce management. Start with these 3 tactics.
5. MetroHealth fires CEO over more than $1.9M in unreported bonuses Full story
6. California law subsidizes cost of health insurance for striking workers Full story
7. 34% of healthcare employees still fear catching COVID-19 at work Full story
8. Cooper Health System, US Department of Labor reach agreement to settle hiring, pay discrimination allegations Full story
9. Coordinating electronic records between providers and consumers remains a challenge. Learn how to create a single digital home for you patients.
10. Butler, Excela close in on merger Full story
11. Employees are more engaged at companies that clearly define DEI: survey Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. OR block scheduling is inefficient and outdated. See how systems like Novant and Dignity are boosting case volume and optimizing OR usage with a new data-driven approach.
2. 70% of hospitals are prioritizing DEI marketing this year, but patients of color aren't impressed. Achieve more inclusive marketing and better serve diverse patient populations with these 5 strategies.
3. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.