1. Nursing strike continues in New York City Full story
2. Workers call on HCA to boost staffing at 150+ hospitals Full story
3. Pennsylvania health system offers $15K sign-on bonuses Full story
4. In this episode, we are joined by Paula Phillips, SVP of Operations Infrastructure at Ascension and Lauren King, Sr. Director of Career & Workforce Development at Ascension to discuss the changing workforce, their approach to workforce development, the new Ascension Vocare Education Program and more.
5. 56 best jobs in healthcare, per US News Full story
6. CHI St. Alexius Health taps HR executive Full story
7. 11 healthcare careers with the most job security Full story
8. Remote work likely to stick, even in economic slowdown Full story
9. Nurses demand more flexible schedules. See how hospitals can deliver on this promise — while lowering labor costs — here.
10. Washington healthcare workers relaunch campaign for patient load limits Full story
11. It's time to rethink work-life balance, 2 physician leaders say Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What does a sustainable workforce look like in healthcare today? Check in with 150 C-suite leaders to learn the 5 traits of a sustainable workforce and healthcare's top workforce investment priorities for 2023.
2. 60% of physicians say administrative work drives burnout. Discover how industry leaders are restoring joy in the clinical setting through human-centered design, automation and ‘a platform of health.’
3. Traditional check-in processes are redundant and frustrating. A mobile-first approach can improve patients' intake experience in 7 key ways — see what they are and how 1 Georgia hospital is cashing in here.