1. Class action targets Scripps over data breach that exposed 147,000+ patients' info Full story
2. 21 hospital, health system executive resignations in 2021 Full story
3. Former Iowa hospital employee sentenced for 'weaponizing' patient's medical info Full story
4. Due to the IT talent shortage, implementing a hybrid security approach that includes a central operation is cost-effective. Explore the 3 Key Components of a SOC: Why a Hybrid Solution May be Best.
5. Epic's widely used sepsis prediction model performs worse than claimed, research finds Full story
6. Hacker removes files from New Mexico hospital's computers, exposes 69,000 patients' info Full story
7. The pandemic shined a light on interoperability gaps. Learn what stands in the way of bridging them in this short report.
8. Severe national blood shortage may lead to 'suboptimal care' Full story
9. 4 hospitals added to CaptureRx victim tally: 21 hospitals, healthcare organizations affected Full story
10. Albany Med to pay 7 former nurses restitution over 'repayment fee' provision Full story
11. There's a better way to move patients through the ED. Learn how Rush improved patient flow + staff engagement here.
12. ONC releases framework for advancing social determinants of health for data use, interoperability Full story
13. 7 hospitals laying off workers Full story
14. 5 recent EHR contracts, go-lives Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Telehealth risk management: How to improve patient safety and reduce malpractice exposure. Click here to download the C-suite playbook.
2. Will technology solve healthcare’s racial bias problem? Download this whitepaper to find out.
3. Every referral matters. Learn why 33% of patients ignore them and how to fix that.