1. 1,129 hospitals reporting losses on patient services, state-by-state Full story
2. More hospitals quit Mississippi Hospital Association Full story
3. California hospital to file for bankruptcy Full story
4. A rise in self-pay patients doesn't have to be costly. Protect margins with these strategies.
5. Providence reports Q1 operating loss of $345M Full story
6. Butler, Excela finalize name for merged system Full story
7. CEO grilled on state of Florida hospital's finances Full story
8. CommonSpirit expects to recover most of its $160M cyberattack costs Full story
9. Six big themes emerged from the Becker's Hospital Review 13th Annual Meeting, which was powered by more than 6,800 minutes of conversation with top health system leaders this spring. To catch up, join MyBHC free of charge to access the 24-page recap with thoughts from 24 executives from 20 hospitals and health systems.
10. 7 systems with recently affirmed credit ratings Full story
11. 'That bill has died': Staffing rules cut from Minnesota legislation Full story
12. Healthcare M&A bill up for discussion again in North Carolina Full story
13. Catholic Health secures more time to meet requirements of $44M loan Full story
14. Arkansas lawmakers OK emergency rule to keep rural hospitals afloat Full story
15. Most ASCs take a short-sighted approach to managing denials. Transform your strategy for good with these 4 key pillars for denial prevention.
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. Hospital margins are already razor-thin, don't leave money on the table. See how this New England health system hit 101.6% of its cash collection goal here.
2. A remote RCM team doesn't have to mean compromised productivity. 'Game-changing' tech is boosting Methodist Health System's collections team performance — read how.
3. Watch: This SVP gives 3 keys to deliver a positive financial experience for patients, staff and your organization.