1. NYC hospitals prepare for strike Full story
2. 52 hospitals layoffs in the past year Full story
3. UMass Memorial, Heywood Healthcare call off merger plans Full story
4. Our biggest event of the year has 100+ panels, so we need expert help. Apply to become a reviewer for BHR's Annual Meeting and attend for free.
5. 100 hospitals with the worst margins nationwide, ranked Full story
6. Viewpoint: Protect the safety net by designating essential hospitals Full story
7. The pandemic depleted hospital and health system finances, and revenue cycle efficiency is crucial to stymie losses and mount a recovery. Learn why your processes may hinder revenue capture, and how to fix them, here.
8. BCBS Texas, Ascension Texas could split, affecting 66,000 patients Full story
9. In a matter of days, healthcare access deteriorates in Central California Full story
10. Illinois hospital CEO steps down Full story
11. It's time for digital front doors to support more than functions like payments. See what's really needed to build patient loyalty here.
12. The latest on flu activity: 5 CDC notes Full story
13. HHS: Clop ransomware group preying on healthcare sector Full story
14. Hospital margins see eleventh-hour improvement Full story
15. Highest paid regions for NPs, PAs Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
2. Leading health systems are liberating finance teams from 'Excel gymnastics' — Click here to learn how.
3. OR closures will cost hospitals billions in 2022 — Hospitals must do more with less. Here's how 3 hospitals achieved greater efficiency in the OR with fewer surgical staff.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn