1. Nursing home staff shortages overwhelming hospitals nationwide Full story
2. 5 states reporting record COVID-19 hospitalizations Full story
3. New Jersey to pay families $52.9M for COVID-19 deaths in veterans nursing homes Full story
4. A new year calls for new processes. See why hospitals are making enhanced document automation a resolution for 2022 and beyond.
5. New coronavirus variant detected in France Full story
6. New York governor delays new nursing home staffing, profit cap law Full story
7. Don't hit snooze on your revenue cycle clock. See how hospitals are streamlining workflows to save time and money here.
8. Medication safety group issues alert on COVID-19 antiviral Full story
9. Omicron surge may peak in January, models predict Full story
10. Former New York governor won't be charged in nursing home investigation Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Recovering patient volume while staff are burnt out is a challenge. Support the return of pre-pandemic volumes with these best practices.
2. Cyberattack risks are high, but mitigation efforts can be reassuringly simple. See what they are here.
3. 39 percent of providers struggle with constantly-shifting customer needs. Here's how the best adapt