1. 8 prior authorizations updates in 2022 Full story
2. 'We've got to serve our community': Why Springfield Clinic launched its own health plan Full story
3. Lawsuit alleges former Centene execs defrauded state Medicaid programs Full story
4. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
5. Humana, TriWest tapped for $136B Tricare managed care contracts Full story
6. Federal judge rules against BCBS Illinois over denied gender-affirming care coverage Full story
7. 52% of Americans think COVID-19 PHE still needed Full story
8. 37 hospitals with the most ED visits Full story
9. Healthcare fraud costs the U.S. billions annually. Protect your bottom line by learning how AI can prevent fraudulent healthcare claims here.
10. 'Our approach has yielded meaningful change': Outgoing BCBS Massachusetts CEO reflects on tenure Full story
11. States ranked by rate of uninsured women Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Providers lose millions on self-pay patients who actually have insurance. Discover 4 hidden ways to detect insurance coverage for self-pay patients.
2. The Medicare Trust Fund is scheduled to deplete in 2026 and hospitals are already facing skyrocketing debt. Here's the tool your organization needs to prepare for the coming industry shifts.
3. Revenue cycle staffing is in crisis. Don't ask employees to work harder — allow them to work smarter with intelligent automation. Here's how.