1. Anthem Blue Cross reverses $40K bill after patient appeals on TikTok Full story
2. Providence's operating loss grows to $1.1B for 2022 Full story
3. The 27 counties with the most Medicare Advantage plans Full story
4. The average cost of boarding a psych patient in the ED is $2,264. See 6 ways a comprehensive behavioral health strategy can help hospitals reduce these avoidable costs.
5. Senate Democrats push for more Medicare Advantage marketing regulations Full story
6. CMS doubles down on value-based payments for specialty care: 4 things to know Full story
7. 6 payer execs leaving for startups Full story
8. Where are the early 20-something job seekers? Full story
9. The best way to stay on top of hospital tech operations? Outsourcing IT. Explore the benefits of health IT collaboration here.
10. Judge greenlights class action against BCBS Illinois over denied gender-affirming care coverage Full story
11. Aetna in the headlines: 9 recent updates Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. State of claims 2022: Survey suggests denials are up 10% to 15%. Click here for more findings and analysis.
2. UCHealth cut time-to-admit by 16% and saw an $8M return on investment using this modernized approach to capacity management.
3. 220+ hospital leaders share purchasing goals, strategies & challenges. Read these 8 insights in this 2022 supply chain report.