1. Cancer patients win lawsuit against Aetna over denied treatment Full story
2. CHS owes fees in $98M fraud case, court rules Full story
3. Humana balked at the 2022 Medicare Advantage market: Do other payers agree? Full story
4. Improving access to providers isn't making people healthier. Click here to learn why a whole new approach to healthcare is needed.
5. 5 states broke COVID-19 hospitalization records this week Full story
6. Pennsylvania health system reducing insurance costs for employees Full story
7. 10 hospitals seeking payer contracting talent Full story
8. 'An invisible HHS secretary': Critics come after Xavier Becerra for pandemic absence Full story
9. Employers say health plans may be key to surviving labor shortages Full story
10. What are NewYork-Presbyterian's 7 principles for strong patient relationships? How did Yale New Haven Health save 470 hours of nurses' time? Check out these 10 must-reads to find out.
11. Georgia bill seeks to impose spending threshold on managed care organizations Full story
12. CMS invests $49M to increase insurance among children, parents, pregnant people Full story
13. Temporary subsidies could turn record ACA enrollment into coverage cliff Full story
14. Rand: Most health systems pay physicians based on volume, not quality Full story
15. What happened to contact tracing? Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Has your hospital started the shift to becoming a "smart" facility? It's easier than you think. Click here for a short guide on where to start.
2. Stagnant compliance budget? Click here to learn the ROI-driving factors needed for a strong healthcare compliance program.
3. Atrium Health and University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences identified 5 skills essential for resilient healthcare leadership. Click here to learn them.