1. Humana laying off over 1,100 associates, shuttering all SeniorBridge locations Full story
2. Aetna snags major North Carolina state employee contract from BCBS Full story
3. BCBS companies form medication contracting group to target high specialty drug costs Full story
4. Healthcare fraud costs the U.S. billions annually. Protect your bottom line by learning how AI can prevent fraudulent healthcare claims here.
5. Lawsuit between UnitedHealth Group, former executives closes quietly Full story
6. Top CPT codes involved in No Surprises Act disputes Full story
7. Cigna received $5.9M in Medicare Advantage overpayments, OIG says Full story
8. CMS rule adding special Medicare enrollment periods now in effect Full story
9. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
10. Best hospitals, health systems to work for by state Full story
11. Elevance Health's Amerigroup Maryland rebrands as Wellpoint Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The Medicare Trust Fund is scheduled to deplete in 2026 and hospitals are already facing skyrocketing debt. Here's the tool your organization needs to prepare for the coming industry shifts.
2. Even small finance teams have big reporting challenges. Here's how the CFO of a small home healthcare provider found the right tool to achieve seamless financial operations.
3. Don't leave money on the table — see how Sanford Health saved millions with these inventory management tools.