1. Cigna appoints first chief health officer Full story
2. Optum spent $2B on physician group Full story
3. Former MercyOne cardio director claims she was fired for reporting surgeon Full story
4. Successful risk-based relationships require near perfect alignment. Join this discussion to learn how hospitals, ACOs and providers can all win.
5. Why private equity is improving orthopedics, 3 physician leaders say Full story
6. 11 clinical quality leaders on fall priorities Full story
7. Physicians and taxes: 10 fast facts Full story
8. What does 'quiet quitting' look like at hospitals? Full story
9. Becker's Healthcare is eager to gain insights from healthcare professionals' experiences with technology and their relationship to burnout. In this brief survey, we’d like to learn more about your organization’s challenges and opportunities in these key areas.
10. 1st US monkeypox death confirmed as cases top 18K: 5 latest updates Full story
11. Most clinicians at safety net practices reported 'moral distress' during pandemic Full story
12. Hoag's joint replacement chief on the future of orthopedic robots Full story
13. A projected 65 million Americans will be covered under value-based health plans by 2025 — is your health system ready? Get tips on closing care gaps to ensure success here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Dividing quality by cost is no longer a feasible way to measure value. Get a new equation to advance patient care + control costs here.
2. Specialty practice consolidation 101: Get up to speed on the top growth challenges and macro trends for physician owners and investors.
3. AI is becoming the standard in health systems for a good reason - it can predict changing patient volumes with great accuracy. Read why AI is critical to an organization matching staffing to volume.