1. 'Like he was passing out candy': Former physician pleads guilty to fraud charges Full story
2. Why hospitals want the FTC to scrap noncompete ban proposal Full story
3. Which physician specialty is the happiest? Full story
4. What if DME ordering was as easy as online shopping with an insurance card? At UCLA Health and St. Luke's, it is. See how they streamlined the process to reduce discharge delays and boost clinician satisfaction here.
5. Does physician caseload correlate with burnout? Full story
6. Rural physicians being 'hunted into extinction' by income cuts Full story
7. What physicians need to know about the AMA's effort to fight 'scope creep' Full story
8. 8 physician workforce updates in February Full story
9. ORs are too critical a space to risk mismatched supply and demand. See what's leading systems like CommonSpirit to better efficiency and 14.5x ROI.
10. Dr. Sean Pinney appointed chief of cardiology at Mount Sinai Morningside Full story
11. Children's Hospital of Orange County appoints physician wellness officer Full story
12. Henry Ford taps Dr. Brien Smith for top neurology role Full story
13. Tackling healthcare's challenges shouldn't feel like a game of Whac-A-Mole. 5 healthcare leaders discuss problem solving without trade-offs during this session.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Your health system is expanding your ambulatory care. But it’s risky. How to make sure your ambulatory expansion works? Hear keys to ambulatory success.
2. 'Eat better' is prescribed for the most expensive chronic conditions, yet a staggering # of patients are food insecure. Learn how leaders are confronting food insecurity in this brief report.
3. Healthcare organizations are implementing a myriad of strategies to address burnout. Here's a patient-focused approach most are overlooking.