1. CMS updates Stark Law self-referral rules: 4 things to know Full story
2. Virginia governor appoints non-physician temporary head of health department, possibly violating state code Full story
3. Justice Department recovered $1.7B in healthcare false claims settlements in 2022 Full story
4. Still using manual processes for patient financial clearance? See how modernizing workflows can unburden staff, boost patient satisfaction and prevent costly denials here.
5. 12 most expensive neighborhoods for physicians to live in Full story
6. Physicians at Allina Health hospital file petition for union representation Full story
7. Specialist salaries vs. job burnout: Is there a correlation? Full story
8. 4 studies and surveys physicians should know Full story
9. Demand for mental healthcare is exploding. With staffing shortages, it seems impossible for providers to keep up. Learn how a telehealth partnership for mental healthcare can increase access, improves outcomes.
10. Telemedicine consults reduce need for hospital transfers for children at rural, community hospitals: Study Full story
11. Dr. Timothy Tesmer named chief medical officer of Nebraska public health division Full story
12. 8 new chief medical officers in 2 weeks Full story
13.Tackling healthcare's challenges shouldn't feel like a game of Whac-A-Mole. 5 healthcare leaders discuss problem solving without trade-offs during this session.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Patient leakage kills margins. Learn strategies to prevent leakage, diversifying revenue and improve differentiation here.
2. Ditch outdated call center processes for good. See how this physician group streamlined scheduling and saw a 459% ROI in less than 3 months.
3. Private equity interest in orthopedics and other specialty practices is growing. Is a PE partnership right for you? Get answers now.