1. 23 charged in $61.5M physician clinic fraud scheme Full story
2. Optum has 60,000 physicians, and is growing Full story
3. Amazon's proposed One Medical deal could be in FTC crosshairs Full story
4. Acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (aTTP) is a rare, life-threatening medical emergency. The disease course of aTTP is unpredictable and can be rapidly fatal, making its diagnosis and management an urgent need. The Sanofi Promise Warranty Program may help support health care providers prescribe with confidence. Full story.
5. New York bill calls for oversight on private practice transactions Full story
6. The physician death toll of COVID-19 Full story
7. New Mexico bill would allocate $7.5M to address physician shortage Full story
8. U.S. District Court sides with Texas Medical Association over No Surprises act lawsuit Full story
9. Augmented intelligence is headed to the C-suite. See how executives are using it to focus decisions during this session.
10. Novant Health receives $1.5M for rural physician training program Full story
11. Southeast Georgia Health System names Dr. Janise Whitesell 1st female chief of staff Full story
12. Wayne State University names Dr. Samuel Johnson chair of radiology Full story
13. These health systems are working to help clinicians rediscover the joy of medicine. Click here to discover how.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The do's and don'ts of cloud migration — health IT leaders from CommonSpirit, Michigan Medicine weigh in here.
2. Eat better' is prescribed for the most expensive chronic conditions, yet a staggering # of patients are food insecure. Learn how leaders are confronting food insecurity in this brief report.
3. Your health system is expanding your ambulatory care. But it’s risky. How to make sure your ambulatory expansion works? Hear keys to ambulatory success.