1. Outside of cost, gene therapy access for patients faulty, study finds Full story
2. Teva's executive VP of global operations steps down
3. Trump expected to nominate Dr. Stephen Hahn as FDA chief Full story
4. Beyond opioids: Hospital for Special Surgery's clinical care coordinator will weigh in on emerging approaches to pain management during this live discussion.
5. Join 180+ hospital and health system leader speakers + keynotes Magic Johnson, Howard Dean, Rick Santorum and Ellen Latham for Becker's Health IT + Clinical Leadership + Pharmacy conference, May 19-21, 2020. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, email Jessica Cole at email@example.com.
6. Walmart joins CVS, Walgreens in taking Zantac off shelves Full story
7. 3 Alabama hospitals halt admissions after ransomware attack Full story
8. 5 Must Reads:
- Your endpoints are showing: How to cover vulnerabilities in your hospital network — Learn more
- Maximize health IT ROI — 6 reasons to focus on imaging. Click here to read the ebook.
- UMass Memorial cut its telestroke workflow 38% — Click here for an inside look at the new process
- Here's why your ED improvement initiatives haven't worked yet — Learn more
- Your electronic nurse scheduling system is a waste — unless you consider your front-line staff's needs when you select it. Here are 3 questions you must ask.
9. Drugmakers want to join Purdue Pharma's bankruptcy to settle US opioid suits Full story
10. Microsoft, Novartis partner for AI-powered drug discovery, development Full story
11. High drug costs are pushing patients to abandon medication. Click here to learn what providers can do about it.
12. Viewpoint: Years of market exclusivity unnecessary with faster, better drug discovery Full story