1. How CVS, Walgreens and Walmart health-focused stores compare Full story
2. Drug prices rose much faster than inflation, California data shows Full story
3. 23andMe moves deeper into drug development with clinical trial partnership Full story
4. Medical staff leaders and professionals: Protect your organization from negligent credentialing legal action. Learn more with this upcoming webinar.
5. Join industry keynotes Rasu Shrestha, MD; Carter Dredge; Jennifer Golbeck; Stephen Morgan, MD; Patrice Weiss, MD; Robert Pearl, MD; and Jhaymee Tynan at Becker's 3rd Annual Health IT + Clinical Leadership + Pharmacy conference, May 19-21 in Chicago. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. More generic heartburn meds recalled in US Full story
7. Pharmacy deserts are a growing problem Full story
8. 5 Must Reads:
- High drug costs are pushing patients to abandon medication. Click here to learn what providers can do about it.
- 2 in 3 patients don't pay their hospital bills on time. Click here to learn how to offset patient collections underperformance with a payer collections strategy.
- 2019 consumer telehealth trends survey. Click here to read the white paper.
- Kettering Health's best practices for consumer-friendly billing. Click here to read the white paper.
- UMass Memorial cut its telestroke workflow 38% — Click here for an inside look at the new process
9. Trump pushing his party to come up with drug-pricing plan
10. Physicians, pharmacy managers top list of highest-paying US jobs Full story
11. The people on your team are changing. Are you keeping up with the best ways to work with them?
12. Tennessee hospital halts admissions after staff doesn't show up Full story
13. FDA approves 1st nonreplicating smallpox, monkeypox vaccine Full story
14. Bayer to invest $30M in lab to create drugs for chronic lung disease Full story