1. How CHS, Tenet, HCA, LifePoint and UHS fared in Q2 Full story
2. Henry Ford to provide GM employees care under first direct contract: 3 notes Full story
3. Lahey Health CEO to retire amid planned 13-hospital merger Full story
4. Medical Necessity: With OIG settlements in the tens of millions, what steps are you taking to stay out of the hot seat? Read the article
5. Join 3,500+ attendees and 300+ great speakers at Becker's largest Health IT + Revenue Cycle conference yet this September. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsor opportunities, e-mail Jessica Cole at email@example.com.
6. BCBS of Texas to stop reimbursing nonemergent ER visits Full story
7. The patient experience starts before they enter your facility — Is your health system making the most of digital patient engagement? To learn more, register for this upcoming webinar.
8. Illinois hospital CEO abruptly resigns Full story
9. Troubled ED on Sioux Indian reservation draws CMS inspectors Full story
10. Nurse stabbed while trying to protect patient at Philadelphia hospital Full story
11. What's your organization's greatest cybersecurity weakness? Read this whitepaper to learn how to outmaneuver online threats.
12. Women treated by male physicians more likely to die after heart attack, study findsFull story
13. 9 more hospitals, clinics join Apple's health records project Full story