1. 10 biggest moves from Oracle Cerner in '22 Full story
2. Congress' last-minute $1.7 trillion omnibus package: 8 healthcare takeaways Full story
3. GAO appoints 7 members to health IT committee Full story
4. Don't force patients to navigate "hospital labyrinths" alone. See how Orlando VA Medical Center aims to reduce late appointments via a major wayfinding project here.
5. 50+ healthcare bankruptcies in 2022 Full story
6. 7 hospitals hit by a cyberattack in the last 30 days Full story
7. RWJBarnabas names new CIO Full story
8. Staffing shortages have compromised the patient experience. Intelligent automation offers a path to deliver more human-centric care. Learn how.
9. 20 chief digital officer moves in '22 Full story
10. HHS urges healthcare organizations to check their Citrix Gateway for vulnerabilities Full story
11. Google working to create AI-tool that reads physicians' handwriting Full story
12. The average cost of boarding a psych patient in the ED is $2,264. See 6 ways a comprehensive behavioral health strategy can help hospitals reduce these avoidable costs.
13. Economic pressures push CIOs toward industry-specific cloud tech Full story
14. 3 emerging digital health company funding rounds Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Health beyond hospital walls: Here are 5 practical insights for engaging patients no matter where they are.
2. Traditional check-in processes are redundant and frustrating. A mobile-first approach can improve patients' intake experience in 7 key ways — see what they are and how 1 Georgia hospital is cashing in here.
3. Healthcare fraud costs the U.S. billions annually. Protect your bottom line by learning how AI can prevent fraudulent healthcare claims here.