1. Epic to integrate Microsoft's generative AI into EHRs Full story
2. Top 3 health IT issues? How ChatGPT's response differed from CIOs Full story
3. Video calls, screens for patient rooms: Amazon's new Alexa tools for hospitals Full story
4. In the wake of the pandemic, hospitals in all settings have seen an influx of patients needing care access. This rush of higher patient demand, combined with capacity bottlenecks and unforeseen barriers, has made offering access a challenge. Read more.
5. 59 health systems that got the highest price transparency scores, 11 with the lowest Full story
6. Oracle, Zoom to integrate video updates into Cerner Millennium Full story
7. Can technology alleviate a hospital's financial burdens? 4 CIOs weigh in Full story
8. Chief wellness officers shouldn't be solely responsible for reducing burnout. See how Kaiser is engaging operational leaders to promote clinician well-being across its 10,000-physician medical group.
9. CVS Health taps former Humana CFO to lead Aetna Full story
10. Healthcare orgs only dedicate 6% of IT budgets to cybersecurity Full story
11. Sharp HealthCare opens $70M innovation center Full story
12. You lose $10k per bed/year when patients aren't discharged on time. UCHealth + 100 hospitals are streamlining patient flow — with this single 'source of truth.' Learn more.
13. Cleveland Clinic, Verizon to use 5G at new hospital Full story
14. The 5 latest investments by health system VC arms Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. There's no reason clinicians shouldn't be practicing at the top of their license in 2023. Take mundane work off their plates with these digital tools.
2. Newsflash: Older adults like technology. See what digital tools they're most interested in using and learn how to build an age-inclusive digital health strategy here.
3. Internet-connected medical devices are prime targets for cyberattackers, and a breach can put patient lives at risk. Get the 5 steps to securing your organization's internet of medical things here.