1. 1,000+ hospitals, health groups join Northwell gun safety coalition Full story
2. State approves Mass General Brigham's plan to cut spending by $128M Full story
3. Intermountain Healthcare to change its name Full story
4. What do half of the hospitals on U.S. News Honor Roll have in common? They're getting smart about data. Here's how.
5. Mission statements of top 10 U.S. hospitals Full story
6. 9 hospitals have closed this year — here's why Full story
7. The patient transfer processes of old undermine clinical outcomes. Discover how University of Maryland Medical System modernized its transfer process here.
8. YouTube launches initiative to put patient voices front and center Full story
9. UPMC Enterprises partners with data analytics company Full story
10. How machine learning is helping companies gauge consumers' needs Full story
11. Slow behavioral health adopters are doing patients a disservice. Catch up on how organizations are integrating it into the medical journey here.
12. 'Whenever there's chaos, there's opportunity,' says Stanford Health Care chief data scientist Dr. Nigam Shah Full story
13. Hundreds of hospitals at risk of flooding from hurricanes, Harvard study finds Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. With 29% of nurses planning to exit the profession, health systems can't afford to revert to old staffing techniques. Learn how tech-backed partnerships can help close the growing nurse-to-patient ratio gap.
2. What digital options do patients really expect out of healthcare organizations? These patient survey findings offer a roadmap for where to direct resources.
3. Still scrambling to fill shifts? There's an app for that. Learn how to maintain flexible staffing here.