1. Vanderbilt tests virtual assistant that can voice patient EHR data to physicians Full story
2. Bayer backs St. Louis hub for bioscience, innovation with $1.5M grant Full story
3. Digital health startup funding peaked at $5.1B in 1H 2019, report finds Full story
4. 4 Steps to Prevent a Third-Party Data Breach Click here
5. Join nearly 5,000 attendees and 315+ of the smartest speakers in health IT and revenue cycle management at Becker's largest Health IT + Revenue Cycle conference ever, October 9-12 in Chicago. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. 5 highest-funded digital health startups in Q2 2019 Full story
7. 9 healthcare startups join Kentucky accelerator Full story
8. 5 Must Reads:
9. Viewpoint: 3 ways to drive innovation among employees, customers, community Full story
10. Massive Bio launches hub for precision oncology data network Full story
11. UChicago Medicine taps creative technology agency to oversee digital brand Full story
12. 40k people in died of an opioid overdose in 2016. Click here for a breakdown of best practices for the electronic prescribing of controlled substances.