1. 5 trillion-dollar questions hanging over hospitals Full story
2. California hospital to close sooner than planned Full story
3. Blount Memorial ups ante by filing lawsuit seeking independence from local government Full story
4. Contingent staffing is expensive and hard to manage. Learn how to create your own internal agency & save 10% to 15% on staffing costs without sacrificing personnel quality.
5. 23 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
6. Franciscan says keeping ER open, per court order, is unsafe Full story
7. 50 drugs on Mark Cuban's pharmacy with biggest cost reductions Full story
8. Seattle Children's buys Providence HQ for $84M Full story
9. It's time for digital front doors to support more than functions like payments. See what's really needed to build patient loyalty here.
10. 9 health systems hit with credit downgrades Full story
11. How 40 donors gifted $1.7 billion to hospitals Full story
12. 105 COO moves Full story
13. Are you making sense of your healthcare organization's data? Get tips on interpreting and drawing value from raw data in this discussion.
14. Average nurse pay vs. travel nurse pay for all 50 states Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Spine surgeons want better performing interbody cages. A new porous PEEK technology will become the gold standard. See this white paper with key findings from in-vitro and in-vivo studies.
2. Providers lose millions on self-pay patients who actually have insurance. Discover four hidden ways to detect insurance coverage for self-pay patients.
3. Compensation alone can't solve hospital workforce shortages — leaders need new ideas. Find inspiration in these 10 articles about coping with talent shortages.